Friday, January 8

Slippery When Wet

It snowed overnight, and it’s still flurrying when I get downstairs, small snowflakes landing on my glasses. The ground is slippery, and on 186th street a little girl is pretending to skate on the ice while holding her father’s hands. He tells her that on the weekend he’ll take her skating in a real rink.

I see Jon E. up ahead at the corner of 186th and Overlook, along with Tall Jewish Girl, who I see all the time. I reach the station and run into Malka S. at the entrance. As I enter, she is on her way out, and wishes me a good morning.

Miriam C. is on the platform, just at the bottom of the stairs. I almost don’t recognize her all hooded up in her navy coat. We chat for a while, until I hear the train coming and make for my usual spot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment