Tuesday, January 5

Deeply Cold

It's early and it's cold. The streets are quiet, devoid of people save for myself and an Asian woman in a long blue overcoat. I start to wonder if getting to work on time will be healthy for my blog.

At the train station, the scene is mostly the same. A few scattered passengers here and there, waiting at the platform. Everyone is dressed for warmth. A slew of winter fabrics are on display - goose feather jackets, wool overcoats, and an array of gloves, boots, and hats. Further down I see David M. wearing a black Russian ushanka. He gets my vote for both warmth and fashion.

On the train I slip my headphones on, and slide my own gray wool hat over them. Hitting the shuffle button on my Blackberry starts streaming Styx's "Lady 95" into my ears. I am deeply weary, tired mentally and physically despite a full night's sleep and only one day back after a long weekend. I close my eyes and wait for the morning caffeine to get working.

0 comments:

Post a Comment