Thursday, January 28

A Slew of Peeps

It's while waiting for the elevator that I notice the downpour of snow outside the hallway window. It looks beautiful, but the sky is menacing and I can feel the cold draft through the cracks in the window's frame. I get into the elevator and run into Mo H. twice. First, while throwing out the garbage - Willie the super is also down in the basement - and later in the lobby. Venturing outside and onto Bennett, I pass Shaindle S.

I stroll slowly to the station, and take in the fall of snowflakes. I even consider stopping to photograph them, but reluctantly I continue towards the train; I don't want to ruin this week's perfect streak of getting to work on time.

Ezra B. overtakes me on Overlook and I congratulate him on his recent engagement. He thanks me and mentions my blog, saying that he was thinking about the "Raise Plow" sign from yesterday's post. We chat some more before parting ways at the platform. While boarding the train I run into Doron S. He and his son are getting off and Doron waves and he bends down to take his son's hand.

At 59th, we pull into the local track. There is a another A train parked on the express track, numerous police offers strutting about. A stranger, who has also just gotten off the same train I was on, shoots me a look of wonder. Caroline M. walks by, and up the stairs to the exit. Both A trains pull out shortly afterward, a D arrives, and I continue on to another day of work. On time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment