Friday, January 29

Kobi's Bar Mitzvah

It’s bitter outside. Frostbite only takes about 15 minutes to set in, and it’s cold enough that I’m genuinely concerned. Right outside my building, as I fend off a strong gust of wind, someone I don’t recognize says hello and wishes me a good morning. A few seconds later, Meyer B. passes me and also says good morning.

At the train station, on the platform, I recognize the bored girl I sat across from earlier this week. This time her tights are solid black, and she is wearing a bright pink hat. Walking towards my spot, I pass Ezra F. sitting and reading. Across the platform, a homeless man is laying on one of the benches and has covered himself using a gray sweatshirt with Hebrew lettering. It reads “Kobi’s Bar Mitzvah.”

Margie C. walks over just as the train pulls into the station and we board together. We chat a little about jetlag , a little about her attractions, and mostly about marriage and relationships in general. Margie is vivid as she speaks and often gestures with her hand. At one point, she practically whacks the newspaper out of an innocent bystander. We all laugh, and Margie asks if I will write about it in my blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment