Tuesday, May 4

Treats

Eliana, my cleaning lady, rings my buzzer at 8:02 AM and by the time I leave the apartment at 8:10 she is well into the bathroom agenda. Nechama B. walks past my building just as I get outside and says hello. It's a rare treat since I hardly ever see her. At about the same time, Mo H. walks into the lobby.

On 186th, I run into Michelle Z. - another rare treat. She's moving out of the hood, and I'm sad to see her go even if I know she'll be happier downtown. We chat for ten minutes, about apartment hunting, packing, and selling things on Craigslist. I recommend she post on Maalot.

Ezra F. walks by while Michelle and I are talking. She offers me a ride to work but after some debate I stick to the subway and we hurry off in separate directions. On Overlook, Esther D. pushes a baby carriage across the street. I see Dr. T. heading towards the subway, probably to take the shuttle van servicing nearby Yeshiva University.

On the platform I pass Zippy K. and say hello. She smiles and waves. I love smiles - they make people happy - and I think people should smile all the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment