Monday, July 13

Sara, Sara

I'm just out the door and there is Esther T. across the street. I would wave but she does not see me, so I keep going. Just ahead of me, still on Bennett, is Aliza B. I'm emailing on my Blackberry as I walk, so she is much faster than me and before long I lose sight of her.

At the station I can hear the train approaching and I make a run for it. It's rare for me to run for a train but I'm insanely late this morning and feel encouragingly fit after yesterday's 10 mile bike ride. As I get down the stairs I see Aviva W. and Josh C. but I zoom past them, trying to get towards my spot on the train. They are always together.

I switch trains at 59th and when I finally get off at Rockefeller, I run into Sara S. Seeing her on the train means I am even later than I originally thought. She is wearing a pretty blue top, black skirt, and sandals with a flower design. Sometimes she wears her hair up in a pouf and I make fun of her but no such luck today, it's straight down. We chat for a bit as we exit the station and talk about the weekend. We both spent yesterday afternoon at the beach, although different beaches and with different friends. Before I know it, I'm lost in the labyrinth underneath Rockefeller center and she has to show me out towards 48th street before entering the elevator bank that leads to her office.

Every week, Sara is my Wednesday lunch date, but we also meet up today, along with Dani U. At Cafe K, the three of us chat some more about our respective weekends and upcoming vacation plans. I try, unsuccessfully, to convince them to come to Egypt with me in August. We all order the penne with vodka sauce, which Sara has every time she eats here. A lengthy discussion ensues with waiter about the recent decline in quality of their pasta. He urges us to return the food if it is not to our liking, and we all do. As we wait for another round, the topic shifts from summer plans to personal commiserations and various other topics. The pasta is only slightly better the second time around. We make plans to meet at my place tonight to play Wii.

0 comments:

Post a Comment