Thursday, August 27

Tounges and Hair

It's another day late to work. Although it's a drag just to get downstairs and out the building, I am excited my first full week back at work is now more than half over. Just outside I see Aliza B. but she is walking North on Bennett, away from the train station.

At the corner, I run into Mirele D. who greets me by sticking her tongue out. She is jolly as ever and the world would be so much better if we all could smile as much as Mirele does. I reach the next corner and the Con Ed crew from yesterday is still there.

To get a seat on the train, it's important to know exactly where on the platform to stand, but the real trick is to always know exactly where you are going to go once inside. That means quickly scouting out the car, even while it's still moving and before the doors open. The technique lands me a seat across from a young Asian women wearing striped pants and a pink short sleeve shirt.

The woman's hair is in a poof, an accidental spike of unwanted tresses and locks. She somehow realizes this and while glancing and me glancing at her, she pushes it down with her hand. The woman quickly checks her reflection in the window, then looks at me again and smiles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment