Tuesday, June 1

La Luna

I'm eating a Luna Bar. This is funny to me because the Luna Bar states that it's made specifically for women.  Don't men need calcium too? I wonder if the company's gain on the female demographic outweighs the loss on the male side.

Heading out of the building, I catch a glimpse of today's front page. Israel faces "international backlash" because Israeli commandos, while raiding a foreign vessel that broke through the Gaza blockade, were assaulted.  The commandos, initially armed with Paintball guns, were heavily outnumbered and were only given the OK to use their hand pistols when the men on board started attacking with knives, metal rods, and live ammunition.

On Overlook, Ben S. exits his building and rushes towards the station. My thoughts return to Luna’s marketing and leads me to think about how terrible most TV commercials have become. Madison Avenue has reached a new level of corn with some of its latest campaigns.

Hard to believe, but I am running late again. Not by much though and if the trains cooperate I will still make it to my morning yoga class.  I suppose all the recent travel has finally caught up with me (I fell asleep at 8:30 last night) and started to wear me out.

The train arrives shortly after I get to the station. The conductor's heavy Austrian accent makes me feel as though I might be riding in the next Bruno movie.  "One chundred and etee feerst strit. Stand chlear of the chlosing doors pleace."

0 comments:

Post a Comment